Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Greetings and File Share

Hi All



Wow, I have really neglected my Blog in the last couple of months.  I’m guessing everyone has been as busy as I have, and nobody has noticed!   

I have been having so much fun with my Christmas crafting! Today, I’m wishing you a Merry Christmas with a free file that you can use for last minute embellishments.  I used it today to decorate cookie boxes that I cut earlier in the year.  It sure was nice to be able to pull out these pre-cut boxes.  I have been storing them flat since way back in April.  The box file is from Dana at http://svgmtcfiles.blogspot.com/.  I originally got the file on the MTC Forum, but Dana has generously posted it on her blog for the holiday season.  I was so happy with how easy it was to assemble these boxes.  This is a really well designed file.  Thanks, Dana! 

Here is a photo of the boxes, with my tree file, which is my share for today. 






I cut everything with my Black Cat Cougar.  The bases are just simple rounded rectangles.  I embossed them with my Big Kick and my favorite Cuttlebug folder.  After embossing, I did a little sanding with some fine grit sand paper.  After attaching the layers, I lightly inked the edges of the rectangles.  I glued on the trees and trunks, I added a little bling to the tree tops!  I’m not usually big on the bling, but I like it here.  (and I have to use all the rhinestones I recently bought at the dollar store and Michael's!)

Now I can’t wait to find time to make some gift tags using this tree file! It will have to go on my to-do list for next year, as I am pretty much out of time this year.    

I am wishing you all the joys of the season, and hope that you find many peaceful moments in the New Year.

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!